Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's (almost) my birthday and I'll eat if I want to...

I weighed 230 last Saturday so I'm still trending downward but definitely not really working at it. My spring sinus/cold has slowed me from exercise but amazingly enough, it has not phased my appetite. I can't remember if it's "stuff a cold, starve a fever" or "starve a cold, stuff a fever" so I've been stuffing...oh well, it's a journey, not a destination.

I've started a new step study in Celebrate Recovery. Last year I think I tried to treat everything as past tense - I tried to answer the questions relative to where I was in recovery back when I was early in sobriety. I definitely experienced some growth from the last study but I believe I need to focus more on the person I am today. Otherwise it's more of a documentary of the past instead of a tool for growth. I can here Jan saying "We have not arrived."

I need to apply the "we have not arrived" attitude to more of my life...I won't be done until about three days before the funeral...

Later

2 comments:

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

Never much seems to affect my appetite!!! Well, that stomach bug last week did...for a day!

About three days before the funeral, huh? You think weird. lol

gina said...

lol yes he does think weird. you are doing great! i'm trailing you, but still working on it. i think it's a good idea to go into this step study with the present in mind...xoxox